www.padfm.gh.com / Damongo
The NDC in the Savannah region of Ghana is calling on president Akufo-Addo to do the needful by acknowledging and commending ex president John Dramani Mahama as Nana Akufo-Addo prepares to visit and commission “John Mahama’s projects” in the area.
In a statement signed by the regional communication officer, Malik Basintale, he said “Knowing the calibre of person Akufo-Addo is, and his deliberate refusal to give credit to H.E John Dramani Mahama for the numerous projects he executed, was executing or secured funding for before leaving office in 2016, we wish to state the facts and demand that for once, President Akufo-Addo, does the needful”.
Read the rest below
AKUFO-ADDO VISITS SAVANNAH REGION TO COMMISSION H.E JOHN MAHAMA’S PROJECTS.
It has come to our notice, that the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo-Addo will be commissioning some projects within the Savannah region belonging to H.E John Dramani Mahama.
Some of these projects include but not limited to: The Buipe Hospital, The Sawla-Tuna-Kalba Hospital and the Bamboi Polyclinic.
Knowing the calibre of person Akufo-Addo is, and his deliberate refusal to give credit to H.E John Dramani Mahama for the numerous projects he executed, was executing or secured funding for before leaving office in 2016, we wish to state the facts and demand that for once, President Akufo-Addo, does the needful.
- On 6th April 2015, President Mahama attended the 39th Gonjaland Youth Association Congress in Buipe.
- He announced there, that 5 brand new Hospitals and 1 polyclinic were to be built around the country and the Savannah region was to get 2 hospitals with a Polyclinic out of the package.
- The districts to benefit were Central Gonja District, Sawla-Tuna-Kalba District and Bole District.
- Funding was secured from Reiffeisen Bank of Vienna, Austria and it was approved by Parliament in March 2016.
- The total cost of the entire contract was €89 million Euro’s and the contract for construction was duely signed in September, 2016.
- The entire package was made up of 60-bed 5-District hospitals (Tolon,Sawla,Buipe,Weta and Somanya) and a 30 bed polyclinic at Bamboi.
- Vamed Engineering Group being one of the Major Stakeholders in the health Industry were responsible for the construction of these hospitals and tasked by H.E John Mahama to speed up works on these hospitals. All these hospitals took the same shape and appearance for easy identification.
- On 2nd January, 2017, President John Mahama duely cut sod for the full take-off of these hospitals abiding by his promise of cutting sods only when 30% of works on Awarded contracts had begun.
- This is no different from the $110million, 147km fufulso-Sawla road project, the Tamale-Salaga Road project, the buipe sheanut factory, the PPP Buipe cement factory, the Ghc775,000 daboya Smock Factory, the Mpaha, Daboya, Bamboi E-Blocks project, Ntereso Water project among others executed by H.E John Mahama.
Whiles we still wait for our share of the 88 District hospitals, the promised factories, the 5-million dollars per Constituency, the industrial park, our regional hospital among others, We hope this finds space in the conscience of President Akufo-Addo to give credit to his predecessor, H.E John Mahama for these projects as he visits the land of Savannah.
May God bless H.E John Mahama for his vision and dedication to the development of Ghana and the Savannah Region.
NDC – Savannah Region