Fire has guttered a provisions shop in Damongo burning all provisions in the shop to ashes.
The sad incident occurred in the evening of Sunday, 19th February, 2023 at about 4:30pm at Ngbaripe, a suburb of Damongo in the west Gonja municipality of the savannah region.
According to eye witnesses, the fire started in between two shops and spreaded immediately causing damages to the provisions shop belonging to one Isaac Tetteh Kumatey of the West Gonja Municipal Assembly and a storage shop owned by his elder brother.
Meanwhile, Officers of the Ghana Fire Service arrived at scene and proceeded to quench the fire with the help of some residents.
Properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis have been reportedly destroyed as a result of the incident.
It is however unclear what might have caused the fire outbreak.
Source: Padfm.com.gh/Kumatey Gorden/0243531604